Cajun Rice & Barbecue Turkey Burrito
Absoutle family favourite. The caramelised turkey is amazing and the rice in the burrito compliments the turkey beautifully.
Total Time: Around 30 minutes
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- Olive oil
- ½ rice
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 500g turkey mince
- 3 tablespoons good quality barbecue sauce
- 100g Persian Feta
- Handful baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Cook rice in boiling water according to packet directions. Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook turkey mince in a medium frying pan. Then add barbecue sauce and toss
mince through sauce ensuring all mince is coated. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until
slightly caramelized. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Put all the chopped vegetables and herb stalks into a large non-stick frying pan over
a high heat with a couple of lugs of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Fry for around 5
minutes, or until soft, stirring regularly. Add the rice, coriander leaves, lemon zest
and juice and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until golden and warmed through.
- Serve with warmed tortillas with toppings of feta, baby spinach and tomato.
Original Recipe Link: Cajun Rice & Barbecue Turkey Burrito || Jamie Oliver