Lemon & Chive Veal Schnitzels
Great way to make a boring plain veal schnitzel become flavourful and delicious!
Total Time: Around 10 minutes
- 2 cups (140g) breadcrumbs
- 2 tabelspoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 thin veal schnitzel steaks
- plain (all-purpose) flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Place the breadcrumbs, chives, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Dust the veal in flour, dip in the egg and press into the crumb mixture.
- To cook, heat 1cm of oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the schnitzels for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp. Drain well on absorbent paper.
Original Recipe Link: Lemon & Chive Veal Schnitzel || Donna Hay