Simple seafood paella that the whole family with love!
Total Time: Around 30 minutes
- 500mL fish stock
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 30 prawns (frozen green prawn meat), thawed
- 100g calamari, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g fish fillets, eg. Ling, cut into 2cm pieces
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large fry pan. Cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Add rice, ½ the stock, water and saffron. Bring to the boil and reduce to low and cook with lid on for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining stock. Bring back to the boil and simmer with lid on for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add fish, prawns, calamari, tomatoes, peas and paprika. Combine well. Bring to boil, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice and cook with lid off, constantly stirring until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed. Serve.
Original Recipe Link: Seafood Paella || Taste.com.au