Stuffed Steak Rolls
Here Is How You Roll Up Steak And Make A Totally Delicious Meal! Who woulda thought?
Total Time: Around 40 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 pickling onions, finely chopped
- 6 large button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500g (4-6) beef schnitzels
- 1 large handful of fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 200g provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 190˚C.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a small frypan over high heat. Combine the garlic, onions, mushrooms and salt in the pan and cook until almost all of the moisture has evaporated and the onions are caramelized, 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lay all the steaks on a large cutting board. Spoon the mushroom and onion mixture on top, spreading it evenly across the steaks. Lay the spinach on top, followed by the slices of provolone down the middle. Press down lightly to compress the spinach. Starting at the bottom of the flank steak, roll it up tightly to enclose all the mixture. Use six toothpicks to secure the steak roll to ensure all the stuffing stays inside.
- Place rolls on a baking rack with a tray below. Ensure rack is well sprayed with oil. Bake rolls for 30 minutes but check after 20 minutes. Serve and ensure to scrape off melted cheese from the bottom.
Original Recipe Link: Stuffed Steak Rolls || Buzzfeed